Feb 12, 2019
There are so many things that we resist - or that we accept as truth - just because things have always been done a certain way. This week I'm addressing 12 mindset shifts that will help you improve your performance in life, at work and as an athlete.
1. You don't have to feel old and achy.
2. Short workouts count!
3. Wear heels and pointy shoes only for special occasions.
4. Journaling isn't just for teenagers and scrap bookers.
5. Being exhausted isn't a badge of honor.
6. The warm up isn't fluff.
7. Strength work is part of the plan, not an add on.
8. Failure isn't a bad thing.
9. Life isn't a contest (stop comparing).
10. Be happy for your friends' success.
11. Love the process.
12. Retrain your brain to interpret nervousness as excitement.
Get the full scoop when you listen!
About your Podcast Host:
Coach Kim explores topics that will help you power up your life so that you can design a life you love. If you are ready to think, feel, train and live like a champion, tune in for expert interviews and real talk that will give you the tools and courage you need to chase your dreams.
Coach Kim Peek is a fitness and real-food enthusiast who is also a theater-mom, dog-mom and breast cancer survivor. Kim has a number of coaching certifications including: ACE Certified Group Fitness Instructor, USA Track and Field Level 1 Coach, USA Triathlon Level 1 Coach and Healthy Running. She is certified to teach a variety of fitness formats, and is constantly studying movement, motivation and other wellness topics to unlock success secrets for her audience. Kim is also a Breast Cancer Exercise Specialist and a Functional Aging Specialist.
You can hang out with Coach Kim online at:
And join the free STRENGTH CHALLENGE group at Power of Run. Click here.